Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

SBS: Rock-a-Thigh Baby


Rock-a-Thigh Baby is a company we just started working with, but one who's products I have used for over a year.  They make really great thigh high socks for babies and children that actually stay up and on!  Their unique functional design is my favorite part about their product, but I also LOVE their cute and fun prints!




I know I loved their socks when I decided to carry their product, but I didn't realize what a totally awesome company they are!  As a company, Rock-a-Thigh Baby has made some pretty big commitments.

The first is that their company is dedicated to supporting the US economy by keeping the jobs created by their products here in the US.  100% of their socks AND packaging are made in the USA.  Their website states:

The knitting mill that produces our socks is an older U.S., small family-owned business. In February 2011, I had the pleasure of meeting the family and touring their facility. They are honest, hard working, wonderful southern folk who employ a single mom. Sure I could have my socks made overseas for a fourth of the cost (and much to my vexation I'm often solicited), but this is non-negotiable. I'm okay with having less money in pocket if it means my company is doing its part to create American jobs.

Another thing I love is their dedication to the environment.  Their socks are woven using 100% "pre-consumer" recycled yard.  This yarn is made from materials left over after making new fabrics, conserving many resources and keeping materials out of land fills.  The dyes they use are completely safe, certified by the OEKO-TEX standard 100 and the nonskid grips are made from soy-based ink.  They use USPS to reduce the amount of energy used during shipping and packaging is minimal and made from recycled materials as well as being recyclable.

And finally, Rock-a-Thigh Baby is passionate about giving back.  They support the local, national and global community by donating 10% of every sale to charity.

When you buy a Rock-a-Thigh Baby product, you are not only getting an awesome product, but you are supporting an amazing company!



Shop for Rock-a-Thigh Baby products directly or find them at Zerberts

No comments:

Post a Comment