Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

Babywearing saves the day, as usual!

So I just have to say how wonderful babywearing is! I didn't really get to wear my first much because it took me a long time before stumbling onto a decent carrier and by then my son was already 15 months old. But I have worn my daughter since the beginning and it has been an amazing experience.

My daughter is now 18 months old, and a very busy toddler, but I still get to wear her regularly. One of the things I love is how well going in the carrier can calm her right down.

Today, while out playing with some friends, my daughter started melting down like anyone with a toddler is familiar with. She was over tired and just couldn't take anymore. Normally, this would require leaving so she could go take a nap, but instead, I just put her in the carrier and all was right in her world. She didn't actually nap, but she was content in there for over an hour, just watching the action and relaxing. When I'm really lucky, she falls asleep, but as she gets older, this happens less and less.

I am just so grateful that I can wear her and that she is so content in a carrier. She is a very active, very independent toddler, but sometimes she still needs that extra security and comfort that she gets while being worn. Most days she's protesting when I put her in the carrier, even though she calms down once she's settled, but some days, she'll bring me the carrier asking to be worn.

I don't know how long this is going to last as I fear my days of wearing her will be gone before I am ready. But for now, I am so grateful that babywearing saved the day, again, like it has done for me so many times already!

No comments:

Post a Comment