Big changes at Boba Inc
A new website isn't the only thing new from the Boba family. Nap Inc is officially re-branding as Boba and the new website is just one of the exciting changes we are seeing.
For the most part, the re-branding is just a name change. The former Sleepy Wrap is now the Boba Baby Wrap, but it is still the same stretch wrap so many have come to know and love, just new packaging. But the re-branding is coinciding with the new release of the Boba 3G Baby Carrier and a new Boba Pack.
The Boba 3G
The Boba 3G is the third generation of Boba carrier and has some fun new features. One of the more exciting and obvious changes is that the Boba 3G will be available in 4 fun prints as well as 3 solid color combinations. The browns and greens we saw with the 2G are gone, but they've added a solid black to the selection of baby carriers.
The new Boba 3G baby carrier is no longer just for older babies and toddlers! The Boba 3G baby carrier converts to a newborn carrier without needing to purchase an additional insert. (see how) So the Boba 3G is now designed to be used for babies and toddlers 7-45 lbs!
The Boba 3G still has the removable foot straps that are unique to the Boba carrier, but they now have a snap adjustment instead of the hook and loop we saw on the 2G. The sleeping hood is fully removable and can be stored in the front pocket or rolled up when not in use.
New to the 3G, there are now pockets on the waist belt, including a small pocket that zips closed. They've also added shoulder strap holders that can be used to hold a purse in place to keep it from slipping off your shoulder while babywearing. Check out this video for a sneak peak at these new features:
They have stated that the waist belt has been redesigned for maximum comfort, but it remains to be seen if there is a significant difference. The Boba 3G is designed to fit wearers from 5'0" to 6'3" tall with a waist belt that adjusts from 25" to 58" wide.
The price of the 3G is another change from the 2G it is replacing. The new 3G will retail at $120 for solids and $125 for prints. The Boba Carrier 3G Organic will also be available, but only in 3 colors and at the higher price of $160. This is a significant jump from the current cost of the Boba 2G Carriers, especially at the current sale prices available. So some people may decide to pass on the great new features offered by the 3G to take advantage of a more cost effective option.
The Boba Carrier 3G will be available for purchase soon. Stay tuned for your chance to pre-order one of these carriers!
Summery of the Boba 3G features:
- 100% Cotton
- Front and back carry options
- Removable sleeping hood
- Adjustable sleeping hood, adjusting in length to fit growing babies
- Zipper pouch may be used to store your hood when not in use
- Comfortably fits heights 5’0” – 6’3”
- Waistband range: 25” – 58”
- Additional adjustments for easier fit & breastfeeding
- Patent-pending removable foot straps
- Elastic bands neatly roll up straps
- Shoulder strap holders keep purses and diaper bags in place
- Easily adjustable chest strap
- Uniquely designed to “hug” your child
- Converts to an infant carrier without an insert
- Extra head support adjustments for infants
- Body of carrier rises 2-3” higher than other brands
- Multiple pockets for on-the-go storage
- High quality military grade buckles
The Boba Pack
Boba has come out with a new bag called the Boba Pack. This is basically and babywearing friendly diaper bag that can be worn over your shoulder, or attacked to your baby carrier or stroller.
The Boba pack seems really cool and I love that it can attach to a stroller, but I am just not convinced I would like it attached to the front of my baby carrier. It seems like an awesome idea in theory, but I feel like it would be bulky and I don't know how much stuff I would feel comfortable carrying in it if I am putting that on the front of my body and on my baby's back. It would be worth a try though, I might be surprised!
The Boba Pack will retail for $100 and comes in patterns that will match the new Boba 3G carriers.
Boba Pack features:
- 100% cotton
- Easily attaches to most baby carriers and strollers, or may be worn over-the-shoulder
- Separate waterproof pouch for dirty clothes
- 10 pockets total, including an insulated bottle pocket
- Available in 5 color combinations, coordinating perfectly with your Boba Carrier 3G
- Adjustable, removable shoulder strap
- Lifetime guarantee
So what do you think? Will you be rushing out to buy one of the new 3G carriers when they hit the market? What do you think of the newborn option? What about the Boba Pack? In love or not convinced yet?